- Designs, develops, and maintains desktop and mobile ready websites, particularly on the WordPress platform. Converts legacy website and CMS environments to the latest standards of coding and security.
- This job can be performed at any of our Alabama locations: Montgomery, Gadsden, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham.
- Designs, builds, and maintains Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Writes, designs, or edits Web page content, and assist or direct others producing content.
- Collaborates with project teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and corrects problems or refers problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluates code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintains understanding of current Web technologies or programming practices through continuing education.
- Identifies or maintains links to and from other Web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.\
- Registers Web sites with search engines to increase Web site traffic.
- Creates web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- Systems analysis/evaluation
- Linux Servers
If you are interested, please send resume with work samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.