Location: Montgomery, Alabama
The Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensuring legal requirements compliance.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks accounting software required.
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- B.S. in Business, Accounting or related discipline required.
- Performs daily activities in accounting, including but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger.
- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client’s accounts payable invoices.
- Codes expenses and receivables; performs bank reconciliation; posts transactions; matches transactions; balances general ledger.
- Ensures accuracy of journal entries and general ledger balances in order to ensure accurate and timely availability of monthly financial reports.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, accountants, and banking contacts.
- Keeps track of assets.
- Handles mail.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by partners.
- Deposits accounts receivables into bank accounts.
- Manages payroll service.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Clear and effective ability to communicate, both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- May be required to be a Notary Public.
If you are interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.